HolyCoast: Air Force One and Marine One
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Air Force One and Marine One

I had the rare privilege today of seeing the President's two main aviation assets in person. The President visited Camp Pendleton after landing Air Force One at Miramar Naval Air Station. I was listening to the event live on radio when they announced that the Presidential party had departed Miramar in two helicopters for the trip to Pendleton. I was on I-5 just north of the airbase and watched Marine One and the accompanying press helicopter head past me on the way north to the Marine base. It's kind of a weird feeling to look up, see a Marine helicopter flying over, and realize that the President is on board.

Later as I headed north up I-15 to another appointment I got a brief glimpse of Air Force One which was still on the tarmac at Miramar. Even from a distance it's got to be the coolest looking plane on the planet. I'm still hoping for a ride in it one of these days.

No comments: