HolyCoast: Bush in Europe
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Bush in Europe

You have to love our president! When asked about the possibility of invading Iran, he had this to say (hat tip Improptus):
"This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. Having said that, all options are on the table."

I'll be that took the starch out of a few Iranian shorts. Keep 'em guessing.

I also loved his opening joke:

You know, on this journey to Europe, I follow in some large footsteps. More than two centuries ago, Benjamin Franklin arrived on this continent to great acclaim. An observer wrote, "His reputation was more universal than Liebniz or Newton, Frederick or Voltaire, and his character more beloved and esteemed than any or all of them." The observer went on to say, "There was scarcely a peasant or citizen who did not consider him as a friend to humankind."

I've been hoping for a similar reception. But Secretary Rice told me I should be a realist.

No comments: