HolyCoast: Wacko Jacko Trial Underway
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Wacko Jacko Trial Underway

This will likely be the one and only post on the subject of the Michael Jackson trial, at least until the verdict is in at which time I expect to write "I told you so". I personally couldn't care less about Jackson - he long ago completely weirded me out. I remember taking my kids to see Captain Eo at Disneyland, a 3-D movie which starred Jackson in the building that now houses Honey I Shrunk The Kids. The running joke in the family was that Captain Eo was made back when Jackson was still black.

However, I do have a thought or two on the trial itself. Is Jackson a pedophile, or at the very least guilty of what he's been charged? Based on what I've seen, it's very possible. Will he be convicted? No.

Why not? It's a jury trial, and where celebrities are concerned, you can't count on an impartial jury. I guarantee you that even as I write this there are folks in the jury pool who have already decided to say or do anything to get on that jury. Their motivation may be the possibility of fame or fortune when the trial is over, or they may be motivated by the desire to ensure that Jackson is not found guilty. All it takes is one stealth juror who refuses to convict, and at the very least you have a hung jury.

We'll check back here when it's all over.

No comments: