HolyCoast: I Just Can't Put My Finger On It....
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I Just Can't Put My Finger On It....

This from Fox News:
A woman who claimed she scooped up a human finger along with her chili at a Wendy's restaurant has decided not to sue the fast-food chain.

Anna Ayala (search) dropped her claim because it "has caused her great emotional distress and continues to be difficult emotionally," said her attorney, Jeffrey Janoff.

Do you think that maybe the thought of going to jail on a fraud charge is also contributing to her emotional distress? Sadly for her, dropping the lawsuit is not going to make this go away. Wendy's has suffered damage to their name and reputation, and I guarantee they'll be going after her full force to discourage other "victims" who might want to try the same thing (though I'm sure they'll use other body parts - the finger thing has just been done to death).

No comments: