HolyCoast: LA Times Doing Their Part to Save Trees
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Monday, May 02, 2005

LA Times Doing Their Part to Save Trees

Thanks to the Internet and other news sources, the "dead tree" version of the news is in bad shape: (h/t Drudge)
For the six months ended March 31, 2005, the Los Angeles Times reported Monday-Saturday average daily circulation of 907,997, a decline of 6.5 percent compared with the prior year, and Sunday circulation of 1,253,849, a decline of 7.9 percent from the prior year, according to figures filed with the Audit Bureau of Circulations, subject to audit.
That's a huge drop in circulation in a very short time. It looks like people just don't care what the Times has to say, and with many other sources of news (and unbiased at that), many a forest will be unscathed and many a woodland creature will not lose their home as the Times and other newspapers fade away (how's that for being environmentally sensitive).

I did my part back in 2001 when I canceled my subscription to the Times. I wrote a letter to them explaining that I was canceling due to the liberal bias in their news items, and the overwhelmingly liberal views of their columnists. Despite being a large paper, they couldn't seem to find a conservative to hire as a full-time columnist, and instead had three different writers who spent their time bashing Bush. That got a little old.

I did receive a letter back, which though polite, basically said I was wrong and they didn't have any bias. I guess I'm not the only one that thought so.

No comments: