HolyCoast: Donna Brazille Suffers Temporary Sanity
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Donna Brazille Suffers Temporary Sanity

Gore campaign manager and Dem operative Donna Brazille, usually one of the harshest of the harsh anti-Bush or anti-Republican voices on the left and one who isn't afraid to make all sorts of racial charges against Republicans, is suddenly looking at the president with stars in her eyes:

New Orleans is my hometown. It is the place where I grew up, where my family still lives. For me, it is a place of comfort and memories. It is home.

Now my home needs your help, and the help of every American. Much of my city is still underwater. Its historical buildings have been wrecked, its famous streets turned to rivers and, worst of all, so many of its wonderful people -- including members of my own family and my neighbors -- have lost everything.

On Thursday night President Bush spoke to the nation from my city. I am not a Republican. I did not vote for George W. Bush -- in fact, I worked pretty hard against him in 2000 and 2004. But on Thursday night, after watching him speak from the heart, I could not have been prouder of the president and the plan he outlined to empower those who lost everything and to rebuild the Gulf Coast.

[...]

The president has set a national goal and defined a national purpose. This is something I believe with all my heart: When we are united, nothing can stop us. We will not waver, we will not tire, and we will not stop until the streets are clean, every last brick has been replaced and every last family has its home back.

Bush talked about how we bury our family and friends. We grieve and mourn. We march to a solemn song and then we rejoice and step out and form the second line. That line is now open to every American to join us in rebuilding a great region of this country. New Orleans will rise again. My hometown is down but not out, and with the help of every American, it will be back on its feet, bigger and brighter than ever.

Mr. President, I am ready for duty. I am ready to stir those old pots again. Let's roll up our sleeves and get to work.

You rarely see conversions that dramatic outside of Pentecostal revival meetings. And this one will probably be just as short-lived, for I'm sure the left is already flooding her email box with messages of pure hate for even daring to mention that President Bush is not the epitomy of evil after all.

While I don't doubt her sincerity in writing this, I'm confidant that Ms. Brazille will soon return to her old race-baiting ways. After all, that's how she makes her living.

No comments: