HolyCoast: Was McCain Suckered Into Meeting With Sheehan?
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Was McCain Suckered Into Meeting With Sheehan?

Sen. John McCain met with Moonbat Mama Cindy Sheehan yesterday, but it looks like somebody might have snuck this one by the Arizona Senator:
McCain, R-Ariz., also seemed disappointed in the meeting, which he said had been misrepresented as including some of his constituents. Only one person in her small delegation has ties to the state, and that person no longer lives there.
Of course, Cindy was gracious as always after the meeting:
"He tried to tell us what George Bush would have said," Sheehan, who protested at the president's Texas home over the summer, told reporters. "I don't believe he believes what he was telling me."
[...]
"He is a warmonger, and I'm not," Sheehan said after meeting with McCain. "I believe this war is not keeping America safer."
McCain was asked about the meeting by Sean Hannity and had this to say:
HANNITY: Let me ask you about your meeting with Cindy Sheehan today. I don't have a lot of time. How did it go?

McCAIN: Uh, we agreed to disagree. I was a little disappointed, and let me tell you why. I got a letter from her, which I got in my hand. It says, "I am a constituent of yours. I, along with a number of constituent mothers representing Cindy Sheehan from Arizona ..." basically. OK? So, I agreed to meet with her, and nobody, no mother or family member from Arizona showed up.

I'm guessing that somebody on the Senator's staff is going to be hearing a whole lot about this in the coming days.

No comments: