HolyCoast: The Second Best Day in an RV Owner's Life
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Second Best Day in an RV Owner's Life

There's an old saying among people who own recreational vehicles (boats, planes, motorhomes, etc.) that the two best days in your life are the day you bought the thing, and the day you sold it. Today I'm celebrating day 2.


Nine years ago I bought a 40' Silver Eagle tour bus to use with my quartet (pictured above). At that time we were performing more than 60 times a year all over the West coast and we needed the living and storage space the bus provided. Times have changed and instead of driving everywhere, we've cut way back and do most of our traveling by plane. After a year of trying, I finally sold the thing and delivered it to the new owners this afternoon. Hallelujah!

Basically buses are a hole in the road into which you shovel money, and I through shoveling. I'd hate to add up with it has cost to keep this thing running, let alone paying to park it.

Adios, Great White Bus! It's been fun, but I'm glad you're someone else's problem now.

No comments: