HolyCoast: There She Is, Miss....ellaneous
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, December 16, 2005

There She Is, Miss....ellaneous

Iowa "boy" makes good (h/t Iowahawk):

A little background: Mimi Mark is a man from Waterloo who would rather be a woman from Chicago.

In the news: Mark, who was born Mark Kammeyer, won the Miss International Queen 2005 pageant in Pattaya, Thailand, in October. He was selected from transvestite and transgender contestants from 10 countries. Mark performs at the Baton Show Lounge in Chicago and will spend much of 2006 traveling as Miss International Queen. He took a few minutes from his jet-lagged schedule to answer 10 (or so) Questions .

Q. What was growing up in Waterloo like?

A. I actually come from a really great family that has always been very supportive of me, even when I was a young kid. I'm sure they could tell I was a little bit different.

No kidding.

No comments: