HolyCoast: Manhunt - Great Book for Civil War Buffs
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Monday, March 20, 2006

Manhunt - Great Book for Civil War Buffs


Every now and then I'll recommend a book. I just finished Manhunt, the 12 Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer, and I highly recommend it for any Civil War buff. It's a very detailed examination of the events and people involved in the Lincoln assassination.

I found it particulary interesting because last July 10th I had a chance to visit Ford's Theater in Washington D.C., and the Peterson Rooming House across the street where they took the stricken president and where he died the next morning (some pictures here). Reading the minute-by-minute account, and having seen those two places, really brought the story home.

After reading this book and learning what a radical John Wilkes Booth was, there's no doubt that if he was alive today, he'd be a contributor to the Daily Kos. He's fit right in.

No comments: