HolyCoast: Rumsfeld Slaps Down Sniveling Reporter
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Rumsfeld Slaps Down Sniveling Reporter

Rush played a recording from a Donald Rumsfeld press conference that was classic. Here's the transcript courtesy of RushLimbaugh.com:
SNIVELING REPORTER: Mr. Secretary, November of '01, the president, according to several books that you haven't disputed, said start planning --

RUMSFELD: You think I'm going to stand around reading your books and disputing things in them or validating or not validating? I've got a real daytime job. I mean, you'd do nothing else but that if you did that. The fact that I haven't disputed something, I mean, if I disputed all the mythology that comes out of this group and the books of the world, I wouldn't have any time to do anything else.

In other words, from the media's point of view, if a charge is made in a book somewhere and is not disputed by the White House or the Pentagon, then the charge must be true and is required to be answered. I guess Rummy put an end to that myth.

No comments: