HolyCoast: Berkeley Residents to Vote on Impeachment
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Berkeley Residents to Vote on Impeachment

As trivial pursuits go, this is one of the most trivial:
The left-leaning city of Berkeley will let voters decide whether to call for the impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.

The City Council voted Tuesday night to put the advisory measure on the Nov. 7 ballot. The move is symbolic because only Congress has impeachment powers.

Some cities, including San Francisco and Oakland, have passed resolutions calling for impeachment, but supporters say Berkeley would be the first city asking voters to decide.

Gee, I wonder how that vote will turn out given the voter registration in Berkeley:
Only 5 percent of Berkeley voters are registered Republicans and Democrat John Kerry received more than 85 percent of the city's vote in 2004.
I'll be passing through that area next week. I think I'll save up my fast food drink cups and toss them out the window as I drive through.

No comments: