HolyCoast: Baby Lizard Factory
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Baby Lizard Factory

I had a pleasant surprise this morning as I was watering the little Garden of Eden that we call our back yard. We have some ground cover that seems to attract snails, so I usually watch for the little devils as I water. I saw something that looked like a slug and got ready to pick it up and pitch it over the fence (my neighbor needs more slugs) when I discovered that it wasn't a slug after all:


It was a little bitty baby lizard. A quick look around turned up 5 more of the critters, so it looks like we've got a baby lizard factory in our back yard.

We usually see lizards only after the cat has drug them in the house, so I'm not sure what the likely longevity of these little guys is with the cat around, but hopefully they'll stay out of her way.

No comments: