HolyCoast: French Lose Without Surrendering
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Sunday, July 09, 2006

French Lose Without Surrendering

That is news. Not the French losing part, but the not surrendering part.

I must admit that I tuned into the last 30 minutes or so of the World Cup Final just because I saw a report online that the game was tied. I got there just in time to see the big French star viciously head butt an opponent away from the ball and get himself thrown out of the game in overtime. Way to end your career, Zidane (video of cheap shot here).

Congrats to the Italians, who though showing no sign of offense during the entire time I watched, managed to win in penalty kicks when one of the Frenchies clanged his shot off the goal crossbar.

I still don't understand the attraction of this game.

No comments: