HolyCoast: The Perils of using Your Own Product
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, July 14, 2006

The Perils of using Your Own Product

Do as he says, not as he....well, you know:

Beer magnate and former Republican U.S. Senate candidate Pete Coors was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and is due to appear in court on the charges next Thursday.

A Colorado State Patrol trooper pulled Coors over after he saw him run a stop sign around the corner from his home in Golden about 11:25 p.m. on May 28.

Coors stopped in his driveway and consented to take a Breathalyzer test. He registered a .088, which is slightly above the .08 legal blood-alcohol limit in Colorado.

[...]

"I made a mistake by driving myself home after a friend's wedding celebration," Coors said in a written statement, shortly after news of his arrest was first reported on DenverPost.com. "I should have planned ahead for a ride. For years I've advocated the responsible use of our Company's products. That's still my message, and our Company's message, and it's the right message. I am sorry that I didn't follow it myself."

I had hoped that Coors would win the Senate election in Colorado, but that didn't work out. This arrest won't help any future political ambitions.

No comments: