HolyCoast: I Hate School
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, October 13, 2006

I Hate School

There, I've said it. I hate school. I hated it when I was a student, and I don't like it much better as an adult. Every time I've had to spend hours in a classroom, whether it was in K-12, college, or even license training for my job, I've spent the entire time looking at the second hand on the classroom clock counting the minutes until I can leave.

Last night was Back to School Night at my kid's high school. Thankfully, both kids are in the same school so we can get it over with on one night. For several years they were in different schools and we got to spend two nights doing the classroom shuffle.

The Mrs. and I split up - she takes the boy's classes (he's a sophomore and needs more supervision), and I take the girl's (she's a senior and was ready to go to college two years ago). Even though the periods were only 10 minutes long, I still found myself watching the clock and longing for the bell that would allow me to move on. Old habits die hard.

The kids haven't got it as bad as I have, and I'm glad of that. They're both doing pretty well. However, if one of them gets a bad case of "secondhand fever", they will have come by it naturally.

No comments: