HolyCoast: Turning Off the Political Junkies
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, October 06, 2006

Turning Off the Political Junkies

My Lutheran pastor buddy Mark Daniels writes a piece that probably represents a great many of us political junkies these days. He's disgusted by the whole tenor of the modern political discussion:
I've been a political junkie all my life. But not any more. I'm disgusted and I'm bored. If the politicians have managed to turn someone like me off, imagine what they've long ago done to people with more sense than me!

A bored, repulsed electorate is certainly unlikely to keep our Constitutional system going. If we lose that, we lose America. And if that happens, history will show that we were destroyed not by terrorists, but by thirty-second "contrast" ads.
Yes, Mark, I'm starting to feel just like you. Read the whole thing.

No comments: