HolyCoast: "Weak Link": "If They'd Only Listened to Me"
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Monday, November 13, 2006

"Weak Link": "If They'd Only Listened to Me"

"Weak Link" Chafee writes an amazingly self-serving op-ed in tomorrow's NY Times in which he attempts to make the case that many of Bush's problems are due to the fact that the administration didn't listen to him six years ago. If you must you can read it here, however, I'll give you the first paragraph:
LAST Tuesday, I was one of the many moderate Republican casualties of the anti-Bush virulence that swept the country. Despite my having voted against the Iraq war resolution, my reputation for independence, the editorial endorsement of virtually every newspaper in my state, and a job approval rating of 63 percent, I did not win. Why?

Well, Link, my guess is the people of Rhode Island realized that you weren't any different than a Dem, and decided to go ahead and make it official by electing one.

The article ends with this editor's note:
Lincoln D. Chafee is a Republican senator from Rhode Island.
Not for long.

No comments: