HolyCoast: Dems Promise Tax Cuts
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, December 01, 2006

Dems Promise Tax Cuts

No, you didn't misread that headline, nor did I put in the name of the wrong party. The Dems are promising some tax cuts:

Democrats have long attacked President Bush for the historic tax cuts he ushered through Congress during his first term and have promised to reverse at least some of them.

But among their top priorities when they take over Congress next month is passing a permanent tax cut of their own.

Included in their "Six for '06" platform that they say helped them win majorities in the House and Senate, Democrats promised to: "Make college tuition deductible from taxes, permanently."


I'm in favor of any and all tax cuts and will accept them from Dems as well as the GOP - especially a tax cut that will affect me directly as I will start paying college tuition next year. I hope they get this done quickly.

No comments: