HolyCoast: Hillary's Dance
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Hillary's Dance

As you can see from the photo below, Hillary is getting quite good at dancing.

During her campaign appearances in New Hampshire (which drew about 20% of the crowd that Obama got in Illinois) Hillary did her "I was for it but I should have been against it" dance on the Iraq war:
Clinton delivered a similar 25-minute stump speech at both stops, promising to establish universal health care coverage, lower the cost of college tuition and bring U.S. troops home from Iraq.

She also repeated a line she started using two weeks ago in Davenport, Iowa, in response to critics about her stance on the Iraq war: “If I was president in 2003, this war never would have begun. If I am president in 2009, I will end it.”

The line brought the crowd to its feet in Berlin and Concord but did not appease everyone.
Her top rivals for the Democratic nomination have gone further than Clinton. Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois has opposed the war from the start, and former Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina has repeatedly called his war vote a mistake.

“Can you say the war authorization vote was a mistake?” Roger Tilton, a 46-year-old Nashua financial adviser, asked Clinton in Berlin. “I – and probably a lot of other Democratic primary voters – feel that until we hear you say that, we are not going to hear all these other great things you are saying.”

Clinton responded with her usual talking points.

“Knowing what I know now, I would never have voted for it,” she said. “I have taken responsibility for my vote. The mistakes were made by this president who misled this country and this Congress.”

It was Clinton’s shortest answer of the 90-minute town hall meeting – and it drew hearty applause – but it did not satisfy Tilton, who later said he wanted to hear her say that the vote was a mistake.

Just as the lefties have demanded for years that Bush apologize for everything, they won't be satisfied until Clinton admits to a mistake, which I don't think she's going to do except out of desperation.

No comments: