HolyCoast: Two One-Hundredths of a Second
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Two One-Hundredths of a Second

Wow! The truck race Friday night had a pretty close ending, but it didn't top the Daytona 500. Kevin Harvick, who won the Busch race yesterday, squeaked out a win just ahead of Mark Martin in the 500 as most of the field wadded up behind him. Another coat of paint on the nose of Martin's car and he would have won. Clint Bowyer even crossed the finish line upside down and on fire. Here's the finish line photo, courtesy of Fox Sports.

Again, Wow! Congrats to Harvick and RCR.

It was a great ending, but a little anticlimactic after a buddy of mine gave away the finish. As I told you in previous posts, I don't watch races live but TiVO everything. I was watching the playback and was about 30 minutes behind the actual race broadcast. There were 15 laps to go and the field was under caution when my phone rang. My buddy said "I guess that autographed hat I got you just got a little more valuable". A couple of years ago he gave me an autographed Kevin Harvick hat, and so I knew right away who had won. Even knowing the winner didn't take away from the excitement of the finish. There's nothing like watching it...even if it's 30 minutes behind.

No comments: