HolyCoast: THOSE LITTLE TOWN BLUES ARE MELTING AWAY
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, June 15, 2007

THOSE LITTLE TOWN BLUES ARE MELTING AWAY

While Rick is traveling in New York City with his daughter's high school orchestra, HolyCoast Dad is pinch hitting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have posted to this BLOG before but this is the first time I would be responsible to locate things of interest for you and present them in a manner that would be interesting to read. So bear with me! Believe me -- "I know Rick Moore, he's a son of mine and I'm no Rick Moore"!
I've done my share of writing and have even been published (small items in Reminisce magazine) but my son outshines me in just the right comment concerning the political issues of the day. Well, here goes!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Rick and HolyCoast Daughter have traveled to New York City for the special treat of her orchestra playing in Carnegie Hall, it reminds me of the two times I have visited New York City.

Rick has mentioned the first one --in 1976 -- the 200th anniversary of our country. We were a part of a large choir from Melodyland Christian Center in Anaheim on tour of the East Coast (UnHoly Coast). We spent a couple of days in NYC visiting the sites, many of which they will be doing this next week. One place that stands out (or at least used to stand out) was the 3 year old Twin Towers - the World Trade Center towers. We were able to take the trip to the top of the second tower that fell which had the antenna. The observation deck was actually on top of that building at the time. We were outside seeing the city at night which included a well lit Statue of Liberty. Quite a sight!

Our second visit came in 1997 after a cruise from Montreal to NYC. The group consisted of HolyCoast Dad and Mom and her sister and friend from Oklahoma. Once again we had a couple of days to visit the toddling town. I rented a limo and gave the driver a list of 15 things we wanted to see in whatever order was convenient to him. Of course, it included the World Trade Center towers. The driver dropped us off and set a time of 30 minutes to meet him and continue our tour. This time the observation deck was on the other tower - the second one it and the first one to fall. But it was enclosed in glass. We took pictures including the antenna on top of the other building. Quite a sight and quite a privilege to have been able to view the city from that height. I can't imagine them not being there. Several pictures from that tour had the towers in the background.

It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

No comments: