HolyCoast: A Loss in Iraq That Hits Home
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Loss in Iraq That Hits Home

Up until this time I haven't known anyone who was killed in Iraq or any of their families. The losses over there, though felt by all of us, have been somewhat distant from me. That all changed today when I got the following email message from a friend in Rockport, TX:
To Our Gospel Music Festival Family.

Many of you know Patti and Patrick McLead that sing in the festival each year in Rockport. They were just notified today that their oldest son Garrett was killed yesterday in Iraq. He was aboard the Black Hawk helicopter that went down for what is believed currently to be mechanical problems. As soon as I can get a correct e-mail address I will send out another message so that for those of you that would like to can contact and send a word of encouragement during this really difficult time. Please be in prayer for the McLead family.

This is very sad news. Patti and Patrick are wonderful people and have become friends over the nine Januarys I've had the chance to sing at the Rockport Gospel Music Festival. They're both talented singers who have performed every year we've been there. I can't imagine the pain they must be going through right now.

Keep them in your prayers.

UPDATE: The fallen hero returns to Rockport.

No comments: