HolyCoast: More Mountain Memories Saved
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, October 25, 2007

More Mountain Memories Saved

When I was a kid from about 4th grade through high school I attended summer church camp just about every year at Camp Cedar Crest near Green Valley Lake, CA. I also attended a couple of winter camps up there, so I have a lot of memories of that place. The fires have been burning all through that area.

I just saw this notice on RimoftheWorld.net:

Direct eye witness: green valley lake road major stand took place today to save the calvary chapel camp and camp cedar crest. Both camps have been saved thanks to the work of firefighters. Estimated 12 engines and two dozers responded and were able to save both camps.
The firefighters are doing an amazing job in very dangerous conditions. According to this, they've been surprisingly successful:

A volunteer firefighter who fought the blaze in Green Valley Lake and Running Springs said that for every one house there were unable to save, firefighters managed to save five.
I'm sure they'd like to save them all, but batting better than .800 isn't too bad under the circumstances.

No comments: