HolyCoast: Jimmuh Carter, Cat Killer
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Jimmuh Carter, Cat Killer

A blogger in Alabama stumbled upon a 1990 letter from Jimmuh Carter to his sister-in-law in which he admits to a cat murder:
5/13/90

To Sybil,

Lamentably, I killed your cat while trying just to sting it. It was crouched, as usual, under one of our bird feeders & I fired from some distance with bird shot. It may ease your grief somewhat to know that the cat was buried properly with a prayer & that I’ll be glad to get you another of your choice.

I called & came by your house several times. We will be in the Dominican Republic until Thursday. I’ll see you then.

Love, Jimmy

Does anyone really think that was an accident? You don't use a shotgun to "sting" a cat. No matter what type of ammo you use you're likely to kill it.

I'm guessing Jimmuh had had enough of that thievin' feline trying to eat his birds. However, if the cat had been Iranian he wouldn't have touched him. He would have let him have all the birds he wanted.

No comments: