HolyCoast: "No New Plagues"
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, December 06, 2007

"No New Plagues"

Scott Ott at Scrappleface reports on Mitt Romney's faith speech:
Romney: I Won't Ask God to Smite Atheists
By Scott Ott on Romney

(2007-12-06) — Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, in perhaps the biggest speech of his presidential candidacy said today that despite his faith in God he will take a pledge to refrain from asking the Almighty to smite atheist Americans during his White House years.

“I will be the president of all the people,” said Mr. Romney, “not just of the ones who are going to heaven. Therefore, I will not call down fire upon my unbelieving adversaries who are American citizens, nor will I take up the sword to slay them. Read my lips: no new plagues.”

Mr. Romney also extended an olive branch to evangelical Christians suspicious of his belief in Mormon doctrine, promising to “continue speaking in vague, inoffensive language about Jesus and the Bible if you’ll agree to do the same.”
There's a lot of truth in there.

No comments: