HolyCoast: HolyCoast Goes to Hollywood
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Saturday, February 16, 2008

HolyCoast Goes to Hollywood

Both my wife and I are natives of Southern California, and when most folks around the country think of this area they think of either Disneyland or Hollywood. I've been to Disneyland a thousand times, but in my entire life have only been to the touristy areas of Hollywood once, and that was as a kid on a church youth group trip. My wife has never been up there, so we've decided to take a little day trip to the land where stars are born.

She saw an article about how you could reach all the tourist areas via L.A.'s one and only subway line from Union Station, so we're going to get an early start and catch the Metrolink train up to L.A., and the subway up to Hollywood and just check it out like all the other tourists. I'm going to take a bunch of pictures and hopefully by sometime on Sunday (the Daytona 500 permitting) I'll put up a little slideshow of our day. I may even try and post something via cellphone in case I run into any stars or get "discovered" by a Hollywood producer.

Otherwise, I'll be "off-the-air" most of Saturday. See you late tonight or Sunday morning.

No comments: