HolyCoast: Clinton "Glad" Obama Gave Race Speech
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Clinton "Glad" Obama Gave Race Speech

Hillary Clinton has avoided Barack Obama's pastor problems as much as she possibly can, but she did have to respond to today's speech:
ABC News Eloise Harper Reports: At the top of Clinton's Iraq-focused speech of the day, standing beside Valerie Plame, Joe Wilson and Mayor Nutter – Clinton addressed Senator Obama's speech admitting to not having read or seen it – but said she was "glad" that he delivered it.

"Before begin to some comments about Iraq I want to start by saying that I did not have a chance to see or to read yet Senator Obama's speech – but I am very glad that he gave it, it's an important topic. You know issues of race and gender in America have been complicated throughout our history and they are complicated in this primary campaign. There have been detours and pitfalls along the way but we should remember that this is a historic moment for the democratic party and for our country. We will be nominating the first African American or woman to the presidency of the United States."

Clinton received six questions about the speech – including one from a man who asked if she would be giving a speech like his. "I cant say I would do anything like his because I don't know what his is but I can tell you that I will take a look at it and you know I have a lot to say about a lot of issues whether I give a speech or not I can not predict."

Clinton was also asked why she was "glad" that Obama delivered the speech.

I'll bet she is. Today Obama finished what Bill Clinton started in South Carolina - he made himself the "race" candidate. She couldn't have asked for more.

And, looking at the story above, shouldn't keeping Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame out of the news be reason enough to vote against Hillary?

No comments: