HolyCoast: "N-Word" Rises From the Grave
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, March 14, 2008

"N-Word" Rises From the Grave

In a resurrection worthy of a couple of chapters in the New Testament, something has risen from the grave after being buried since May 1st of 2007:
Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick stood before hundreds of people last summer and triumphantly proclaimed: "Die, N-word, and we don't want to see you 'round here no more."

But although Kilpatrick and other black leaders symbolically buried the racial slur in a mock funeral last July, he uttered it in his State of the City address Tuesday, which was carried live on local television and radio stations.

Facing possible perjury charges from testimony during a whistle-blowers' trial and criticism over sexually explicit text messages he sent to his former top aide, a defiant Kilpatrick lashed out at the media and opponents. He said he and his family have been subjected to racial slurs, as well as threats over the past month.

"In the past 30 days, I've been called a nigger more than anytime in my entire life," said Kilpatrick, 37. "In the past three days, I've received more death threats than I have in my entire administration."
If I were him I think I'd look for another line of work.

No comments: