HolyCoast: Obama Aide Resigns Over "Monster" Remark
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, March 07, 2008

Obama Aide Resigns Over "Monster" Remark

Boy, politics is sure getting wimpy:
An adviser to Barack Obama who called Hillary Clinton a “monster” during an interview has resigned, apologizing for the remark amid pressure from the Clinton campaign.

Samantha Power, an unpaid foreign policy adviser to Obama and Pulitzer Prize-winning writer, made the offending comment during an interview with the Scottish newspaper The Scotsman.

“With deep regret, I am resigning from my role as an adviser to the Obama campaign effective today,” Power said in a statement Friday. “Last Monday, I made inexcusable remarks that are at marked variance from my oft-stated admiration for Senator Clinton and from the spirit, tenor, and purpose of the Obama campaign. And I extend my deepest apologies to Senator Clinton, Senator Obama, and the remarkable team I have worked with over these long 14 months.”

Power had released an apology, saying her remarks “do not reflect my feelings about Senator Clinton.”
So, was Power lying when she said Clinton was a monster, or when she said her remarks "do not reflect my feelings about Senator Clinton"? I'm going with the latter.

No comments: