HolyCoast: Today's Fun Spam Email
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Today's Fun Spam Email

Our entry today is yet another variation on the "you've just won a lottery or an inheritance" scam that seems to represent the vast majority of spam that I get:

Subject: I am presently at JFK Airport
Date: 6/26/2008 10:22:23 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time
From: alexsmith@peru.com
Reply To: prof.alexsmith@yahoo.com.hk

I am a Diplomat from the Carribeans named Prof Alex Smith,mandated to
deliver your inheritance to you in your country of residence.

The funds total US$7.5 Million and you were made the beneficiary of
these funds by a benefactor whose details will be revealed to you after
handing over the funds to you in accordance with the Agreement I signed
with the benefactor when he enlisted my assistance in delivering the
Funds to you.

I am presently at JFK Airport in the United States of America and
before I can deliver the funds to you, you have to reconfirm the
following
information so as to ensure that I am dealing with the right person

1. Full Name
2.Residential Address
3.Age
4.Occupation
5.Direct Telephone Numbers

After verification of the information with what I have on file,I shall
contact you so that we can make arrangements on the exact time I will
be bringing your package to your residential address.
Send the requested information so that we can proceed.

Regards

Prof Alex Smith

Try the American Airlines VIP lounge, professor. I hear it's a nice place to wait until hell freezes over as that's how long you'll be there before I contact you.

No comments: