HolyCoast: Beaten Media Syndrome
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, August 22, 2008

Beaten Media Syndrome

Could any Republican have strung the media along all week the way the Obamessiah has? No chance. The media would have been in full revolt and once the VP was announced they would have savaged him or her.

However, like the wife who keeps returning to her abusive husband, so to does the media keep returning to the Obamessiah. The promise of a text message with the magic words about the VP choice has left the media sitting by their Blackberries like high school girls waiting for that dreamy boy to ask them to the prom.

We had the Chet Edwards story running around Friday morning, then the word that a firm in Kansas was printing Obama-Bayh stickers as fast as they could, and now there's word from MSNBC that both Evan Bayh and Tim Kaine have been told that their services will not be needed.

Another pundit was tracking a chartered private jet that left Delaware for Midway Airport in Chicago (could it be Biden?), and of course, early in the day we learned the Hillary Clinton had never been vetted. The campaign is now saying that the blessed text message will not go out until tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately, I'll be on the road this weekend and will be leaving early in the morning. My daughter's three month summer break is ending and we're taking her 475 miles back to Sonoma State University so she can move into the dorm before school starts on Tuesday. If Obama announces after 6:30 am tomorrow, I'm gonna miss it.

If one of you good folks finds out who the Vice-Messiah is going to be before you see it posted on HolyCoast.com, do me a favor and post a comment here. I'll be checking my email and my program emails me whenever a new comment comes in. I'll try and check it periodically on my cellphone as we head north.

I gave my handicapping of the VP race in a previous post. We'll see what happens.

One thing for sure - the media is gonna need a cigarette after than announcement comes out.

No comments: