HolyCoast: Celebrities Turned Politicians
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Celebrities Turned Politicians

Bill Schneider of CNN asks a good question:
ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) – I want to raise a question: if Hollywood is a nest of liberals and Democrats, why is it that virtually every Hollywood celebrity-turned politician has been a Republican. I give you: Ronald Reagan, Fred Thompson, George Murphy, Sonny Bono, Fred Grandy, Arnold Schwarzenegger. How can this be?

The one exception I can think of: Cooter from the Dukes of Hazzard, Ben Jones.*

Fred Thompson's speech and presentation was awesome. It just reminds me how good I thought he would have been if he could have gotten his campaign going. He would also have been an effective VP if he wanted the job, but combined with McCain it would have made a pretty old looking ticket.

As far as Schneider's question goes, the people he refers to are all natural leaders not driven by emotion, unlike much of Hollywood. Most Hollywood actor types are all about emotion but do not have natural leadership abilities. They are used to being "directed".

Just my theory. Put your theories in the comments.

No comments: