HolyCoast: I'm Gonna Have to Find a New ATM
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm Gonna Have to Find a New ATM

My credit union has a few remote ATM locations in fast food places, including one near my home that I use quite frequently since it's closer than going to the branch.

Not anymore:
The ATM machine was stolen out of the Weinerschnitzel Restaurant at 27200 LaPaz Road, near Marguerite, at about 4:50 am this morning (Tuesday). The machine belonged to Schools First Federal Credit Union, so the crime is being investigated by both the FBI and OC Sheriff’s Department.

The front doors were pryed with a crowbar. A chain holding the doors was then attacked with bolt cutters. The bolt cutters broke, however, and the perpetrators finished cutting the chain with a blow torch before rolling the one-ton machine out on an industrial dolly.

The crow bar, bolt cutters, and dolly were left behind in the Weinerschnitzel parking lot.

Sheriff’s spokesman Jim Amormino could not disclose the amount of money in the ATM, but said the sum was “substantial.” He said this is the 3rd such theft of an ATM in Orange County in the last few months.

For the record, all the cash in that machine was deposited by me, so if they want they can just credit my account.

No comments: