HolyCoast: First Batch of Monterey Photos
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, April 03, 2009

First Batch of Monterey Photos

The new camera got a workout today, shooting 81 pictures in and around Monterey. Here's a few of my favorites.

We started out by walking down to Cannery Row to get some lunch. The area looks a lot better than the last two years because the brand new The Clement Hotel has been completed and all the construction junk is out of the way.
We took a drive out through Pacific Grove and stopped in several spots along the way. Here are a couple of Rodent-Americans who reside on some pretty pricey real estate right on the shoreline.
Since we got there fairly early and my son had a few hours to kill, we decided to take the 17 Mile Drive. He'd never been out there around the Del Monte forest and coastal areas. He took this shot of his parents at the Lone Cypress.
We stopped at The Lodge at Pebble Beach which where the annual AT&T is hosted, and where the 2010 U.S. Open will be held.
As you walk into The Lodge you come up to this amazing panoramic view of the golf course and coastal bay.
Here's a foursome preparing to tee off on the famous 18th hole, a long dogleg to the left that skirts the rocky shoreline. Back in 1973 I was following my uncle around as he played Pebble and his tee shot ended up on some rocks along the shore. He took out his "rock wedge" and blasted the ball off the rock and right up near the green. I'd like to see Tiger hit that shot.
Here's the boy and I standing near the 18th green. (He's not really taller than me - I was standing in a hole.)
Along the way I took a number of shots of the angry sea. The wind was really howling, blowing straight into the shore. Whitecaps were everywhere and all around us were crashing displays of Mother Nature as the big waves hit the rocks.
I was able to convince a sea gull to fly into two of my shots.


We're getting ready to walk back down to Cannery Row for dinner. I'll try to get in some more serious blogging later tonight.

No comments: