HolyCoast: Dissecting the School Speech
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Dissecting the School Speech

Ann Althouse takes apart the 2,540 words that make up Obama's speech to America's children:

Obama's speech to kids is nearly 10x as long as the Gettysburg Address (which was given to adults).

It's worth a look.

Laura looks at the speech from a parent's perspective. Another good thing to look at.

And Carl Kozlowski at Big Hollywood has his version of the speech. It starts like this:
Hey kids,

What’s up?

I’m speaking to you, the nation’s children today, because nobody else will listen to me anymore. I also have come to realize that you are my only hope, as those of you in kindergarten through the third grades are the only Americans left lacking in the cognitive skills necessary to see through my lies, deceit and trickery.

And don’t complain about having to watch me, either. I know how much you hate turning on the television at home and seeing me 24/7 with my friends Brian Williams, Keith Olbermann, and especially Chris Matthews, who kinda freaks me out a bit because he says I send chills up his legs whenever I talk. I’m sure some of you in high school know what it’s like to be weirded out by the creepy guy who likes you a little bit more than you like him back. But we’ll save that for my upcoming mandatory sex-ed, contraceptive fitting and free abortions program next month. Right now, just be glad you’re getting to watch me instead of your chemistry teacher. You’re not gonna have to learn a damn thing from me.
It's worth a look too.

1 comment:

Ann's New Friend said...

Let's just be grateful Obama doesn't reveal his true feelings -- or else he might have played Van Jones's hip hop rap of hate!