HolyCoast: Favorite Lame Excuse of the Day
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Favorite Lame Excuse of the Day

From recently retired Assemblyman Mike Duvall who was caught bragging about his sexual encounters on an open mic in a hearing room:
“I want to make it clear that my decision to resign is in no way an admission that I had an affair or affairs,” Duvall said in the statement. “My offense was engaging in inappropriate story-telling and I regret my language and choice of words."
I'm guessing the only thing he really regrets is that his words were caught on an open mic. It sure didn't sound like he regretted the activity as he was describing it.

And who was he talking to, anyway? Why didn't that guy tell him to shut-up and knock off talking like that? It seems to me that someone should be looking hard at him as well since he was so willing an audience for Duvall's "stories".

UPDATE: Just found out the Assemblyman listening to Duvall's tales was none other than my own Assemblyman, Jeff Miller (from Mission Viejo Dispatch):
The faces were fogged in the video of the conversation, but the San Francisco Chronicle revealed Duvall’s stories were being told to Mission Viejo Assemblyman Jeff Miller (71st District). Miller claimed he wasn’t really listening and didn’t report Duvall’s conduct, even though Duvall is the Vice Chairman of the Utilities Committee that regulates the lobbyist’s industry. A spokesperson for Assembly Speaker Karen Bass said Miller would be removed from his appointment on the Assembly Ethics Committee. Miller’s office is in Mission Viejo across from Saddleback Community Church on El Toro Road.
Not good.

1 comment:

Herman said...

I think these two guys are representative of a number of politicians who just cover each other's butt when something like this arises.