HolyCoast: Dodging the Speed Traps
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dodging the Speed Traps

This post is more for South Orange County locals. I had to do quite a bit of running around Mission Viejo today and came across two speed traps where the cops were working hard to build up the city's revenue. Both speed traps were located at the bottom of long downgrades where it's easy to pick up speed above the posted 45 mph limit without realizing it.

In my opinion, that's cheating and frankly unbecoming of law enforcement.

Both locations are wide two or three lane streets with limited side street access. Going 50 or 55 down those grades would not in any way be dangerous in the dry and good visibility conditions we had today.

They didn't get me, but did get a guy right in front of me. I'm usually careful in those two areas because I know they're favorites of motorcycle cops with time on their hands.

In case you're driving through Mission Viejo, here are two places to watch out:
  • Southbound Marguerite Parkway south of Alicia Parkway
  • Northbound Santa Margarita Parkway north of Melinda

No comments: