HolyCoast: Day 2 of Biblical Rainstorm 2010
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 2 of Biblical Rainstorm 2010

UPDATED

Here comes Round 2:

Time to fire up the backyard pump again.

UPDATE: Tornado warnings issued for Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Seal Beach and Costa Mesa. It's getting ugly.

UPDATE 2: The Official HolyCoast Rain Gauge (the bucket in my backyard) registered about another 2" of rain in the 3 or so hours the storm was with us. For about 20 minutes we were under a tornado warning, and I can probably count on one hand the number of times that's happened in my lifetime in Orange County.

I shot some video of the heaviest part of the thunderstorms as they passed overhead, and my homemade backyard pump that's keeping things in the back under control. We didn't the high winds or tornadic conditions that hit other parts of the county (thankfully). And no significant flooding in our neighborhood, though on major streets near here the fire department was pulling people out of stranded cars.

1 comment:

Janna said...

We had horrendous flooding last year in June in my little town of Holland, Michigan. We had 7+ inches of rain in a matter of 3 hours and there were washed out roads, telephone poles down (which meant that live power lines were in the waterlogged roads), stalled cars and flooded yards everywhere! Nearly everyone I know had flooded basements! It was called the "100 year flood" because a flood like that only comes about once in 100+ years. It was crazy! I had no idea how bad it really was so I tried driving home (10 miles from my parents' house to my house) and it took me over 1 1/2 hours! Every street I tried to go down was closed by police. I was very grateful to make it home safely... but I saw MANY stalled cars. I will never forget that!

http://tinyurl.com/ylhcwbx

I hope you guys fare better! God bless!