HolyCoast: Lake Forest, CA Tea Party
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lake Forest, CA Tea Party

At noon today I went over to the Irvine Auto Center to check out the Tea Party Rally. It was held at OC Nissan, a working auto dealer, or I guess I should say one of the remaining working auto dealers in the Irvine Auto Center. The recession has hit that place hard and there are several vacant dealerships in what used to be a thriving auto mall.

I'm not that great at estimating crowds, but I'd put the number at several hundred and the numbers were growing the whole time I was there.  Parking was a little bit difficult, so I'm sure there were others circling around trying to get in.

We heard from a number of people, including event organizers, minor party candidates as well as some GOP and even one Democrat (see below).  I left when the Michael Jackson impersonator came on.  Nobody needs to see that.

Here are some shots from the rally.

Founding fathers were well represented on stage.
There was one camera crew there from an L.A. station.  There might have been a stringer crew or two there as well.
The youth vote also showed up.
I thought I had spotted one of those Tea Party crashers when I saw this sign.  Out of four words two of them were misspelled and the anti-Mexican sentiment would surely get some in an uproar.  Turns out it was just a woman who couldn't spell.  When the errors were pointed out on her sign she left for awhile and came back with a corrected sign.
In the hour or so I was there the best pro-family speech came from this guy.  I believe his name is Joe Simon and he's a Democrat running for governor.  He has a strong African accent, but gave a very powerful pro-family message that would sound great coming from the Republican candidates.
I had heard there would be a rally at the Laguna Hills Mall as well, so I ran by there on the way home.  No rally, but a couple of die-hard patriots working one of the parking lot entrances.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was about to leave then I heard John Eastman and Chrystopher Smith speak. I was deeply motivated by what I heard from them both. What I liked was that Smith was a black candidate and TEA Party organizer. I spoke to him for a second as there was a line of very pretty women who wanted to speak to him just as his ride arrived for him. He told me "it's hard for the left to lie about what they see here" adding "we have them on the ropes and they know it - now the Alinsky tactics come out". One elderly lady made a clever quip about Chuck Devore as I made my way over to speak to him as well. She called Barbara Boxer a "lawless hussy" I nearly hit the ground laughing. All in all it was pretty the best one I had been to except for the Michael Jackson impersonator. I heard them say it was about 850 people that had come through there. I hope they put on another one.