HolyCoast: Happy Father's Day!
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Being a dad is easily the most rewarding thing I've ever done. Maybe it's easy for me to like being a dad because I've got two great kids who've grown up to be great young adults. She's 21 and he'll be 19 tomorrow.  I had a rare opportunity to have both of them together during our recent trip to Sacramento State University:
Of course for a lot of people, including me this year, Father's Day brings very mixed emotions. My dad won't be with us. We lost him last September but the memories are strong. I took this photo with him and my son in April 2009 during a private tour of a car collection that we got him for his 75th birthday.
I hope you'll be able to enjoy the day with your dads, or at least with good memories of them.

My son and wife will be taking me to the Old Spaghetti Factory in Newport Beach tonight for a nice dinner and a walk on the pier (the girl's at school in Northern California).  It's one of our favorite places.

1 comment:

Nightingale said...

Happy Father's Day, Rick.

You and your wife have done a great job.