HolyCoast: Sour Grapes Quote of the Day
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sour Grapes Quote of the Day

Lib talker Ed Schultz spoke to Al Sharpton's small gathering of malcontents on Saturday and clearly is feeling jealous of fellow talk show and TV host Glenn Beck.  Schultz thinks he could do better (h/t Radio Equalizer):
Hold it right there! Before we get to her answer, I could get every union head in this country, I could organize every progressive group in this country, the main bloggers. This could be The Ed March. Folks, 300,000 people on the heels of six months' promotion, that ain't no big shakes!

Six months' promotion, NBC News says 300,000 people. I bet I could do that! I bet I could do that with this radio show and my TV show and six months' production, six months' promotion, if I had the budget I could equal that march. I know I could!

I guarantee you, I could do more than 300,000! It ain't a big deal!
Go ahead, take a shot, Ed. Of course to get that crowd you'd have to hope every union head would be willing to force his members to go and pay their way as well. Or, I guess they could just hire non-union people to attend in their place - sort of the way they hire non-union picketers.

1 comment:

Sam L. said...

"Go ahead, take a shot, Ed."

Big "me, too" on that, Rick.