HolyCoast: Random Shots
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Random Shots

A couple of random photos from my afternoon wanderings.

First, my wife needed some fortune cookies for a theme lunch she's putting on so we stopped in the 99 Ranch Market in Irvine, a very Asian grocery store that advertises stuff like squid and pork stomachs.  As a 6'4" white guy I didn't stand out in there at all.

One of the aisle signs caught my eye:
At least the next time I need some dried fungus I'll know right where to go.

From there we headed off to a whole different world - Laguna Beach. In a couple of weeks we'll be spending a night at the Surf and Sand Resort so we decided to stop by and check out the neighborhood for restaurants and such. This is a shot of the pool area which is right on the beach. Pretty nice.
Should be fun.

We walked down to the lower level and watched as a wedding was getting ready to start on the beach.  Because it's a public beach others were walking along, including a lady with a couple of dogs.  There were two floral arrangements set up on the beach and as the dogs went by the second one stopped, hiked his leg and did this thing - right in front of the wedding guests.  Hilarious.

1 comment:

Sam L. said...

I got a fortune from a cookie: Your infinite capacity for patience will be rewarded--sooner or later.

And there is a James Bond movie I saw (maybe The Man With The Golden Gun) in which there's a night-time parade in Jamaica (IIRC) and there's a dog pooping in the street.