HolyCoast: Tax Day Tea Party in Mission Viejo Today
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Friday, April 15, 2011

Tax Day Tea Party in Mission Viejo Today

This afternoon, for the third consecutive year, the local Tea Party organization will gather the troops at the corner of La Paz and Marguerite Parkway from 4:30 - 6:30 pm.  I attended the past two events and took some photos and video (2009 and 2010).  I'm going to stop by again today to check things out.  If you're there, look me up.  I'll be running around with a camera.

Local politicians Chuck DeVore and Todd Spitzer will be there, and I understand that Pulitzer Prize winning cartoonist Michael Ramirez, whose work has often appeared on HolyCoast.com, will also be there.  I'd like to meet that guy.

It will be interesting to see how big the crowd is this year.  In 2009 they had about 600 when the whole Tea Party movement was just getting started.  Last year, with the passing of Obamacare having just occurred and a big election on the horizon, the crowd was about 700.  Are people still motivated to get out and support an event like this?  We'll see.  I'll have photos later.

UPDATE:  Disappointing. Photos here.

1 comment:

Sam L. said...

Put my down for a YES. The One's Speech should bring them out in greater numbers.