HolyCoast: Dems Line Up to Support Obama's Jobs Bill. Oh Wait, No They Don't
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dems Line Up to Support Obama's Jobs Bill. Oh Wait, No They Don't

A collection of quotes from Democrats regarding Obama's jobs bill (from Republican.Senate.gov):
"Senator Richard Durbin of Illinois, the chamber's No. 2 Democrat, said the caucus isn't yet united behind all of Obama's proposals to cover the bill's $447 billion cost."

SEN. HARRY REID (D-NV): "I don't know exactly what I'm going to do yet with the president's jobs bill."

SEN. JIM WEBB (D-VA): 'Terrible.' 'We shouldn't increase taxes on ordinary income.'

SEN. MARK BEGICH (D-AK): 'Frustrating … There's an unfairness to it.'

SEN. MARY LANDRIEU (D-LA): 'That offset is not going to fly.'

SEN. JOE MANCHIN (D-WV): "I have serious questions about the level of spending that President Obama has proposed, as well as the actual effectiveness some of these policies will have when it comes to creating jobs…"

SEN. BARBARA MIKULSKI (D-MD): "I disagree with the president."

SEN. JOHN KERRY (D-MA): "I don't think anybody expects it to pass en bloc."

SEN. BEN NELSON (D-NE): "I've made it clear I'm looking for [tax] cuts, so I'm very hopeful there will be cuts."

SEN. TOM CARPER (D-DE): "I think the best jobs bill that can be passed is a comprehensive long-term deficit-reduction plan… That's better than everything else the president is talking about — combined."
And yet, if the bill came to the floor as Obama submitted nearly all of these dummies would vote for it.

No comments: