HolyCoast: Political Quote of the Day
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Saturday, October 08, 2011

Political Quote of the Day

From Bill Bennett, responding to the Southern Baptist pastor who called Mormonism a "cult" while introducing Rick Perry yesterday at the Value Voters Summit:
“Do not give voice to bigotry.”

“I’m thinking of the words of Mr. Jeffress, Pastor Jeffress,” Bennett said. “You stepped on and obscured the words of Perry and Santorum and Cain and Bachmann and everyone else who has spoken here. You did Rick Perry no good sir, in what you had to say.”
Absolutely true. Whether or not you think Mormonism is a cult, that discussion has no place in presidential politics and only hurts everyone involved in trying to get a conservative elected president.

And let me add this, from a cop I follow on Twitter:
Hearing this pastor say not to vote for Romney because Mormonism is a cult reminds me why I don't go to church anymore.
Well done, Jeffress.

No comments: