HolyCoast: Coronado Island
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Coronado Island

It's actually a peninsula, but details...details. My wife has a three day conference at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort and I get to tag along, so there will be some travel blogging in the next few days.

I haven't been to this resort since it was fairly new back in about 1993 or 1994. A guy I worked with had a sister who worked in the marketing department for Loews. She usually booked special complimentary visits for travel agents and meeting planners...and occasionally friends of her brother. I asked what it would cost for a third night and got that for only $90. So, my family stayed at a luxurious resort for $30 a day. Not bad. Even got a welcome fruit basket.

It has its own little marina, and a pedestrian underpass that takes you right to the Silver Strand beach. Last year we were at the Rancho Las Palmas Resort in Rancho Mirage, so this year we're going from the desert to the sea.

More later.

No comments: