HolyCoast: Musical Chairs in Florida
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Musical Chairs in Florida

First of all, it looks like Mitt Romney has trounced Newt Gingrich and everyone else in Florida.  As I write this I'm listening to Romney's victory speech.  The message is good, but I don't know if I buy the delivery, or how the rest of America will take him. I tweeted this a moment ago:
Dear GOP: You better hope Romney beats Obama or conservatives are going to have their own party in 2016.
In other Florida news, I reported recently how redistricting was pushing more Democrats into Allen West's district and endangering the one-term congressman.  West has apparently decided not to sit back and let that happen, and several congressmen are going to be moving seats.  This headline sort of explains it:
Allen West moves North, Tom Rooney moves West, Adam Hasner to CD22
West will be moving to a newly created district with a better GOP voter mix, and the other guys are making similar moves to better ensure their futures.  I hope it works.  It would be a shame to lose West or any of the other GOP congressmen.

No comments: