HolyCoast: Allstate Insurance Joins The Parade of Cowards
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Monday, March 05, 2012

Allstate Insurance Joins The Parade of Cowards

Word is that Allstate Insurance has pulled their advertising from the Rush Limbaugh Show.  I guess there's little chance that 20 million listeners will need their services for homes, cars, etc.

The Good Hands people just dropped the ball big time.

I've been with State Farm since I was old enough to drive, so Allstate wasn't going to get my business anyway.

As I've been saying all weekend, for every one that leaves there will be two or three more ready to buy those spots.  Rush said as much this morning:
As I was saying, ladies and gentlemen, this show has always been about you. It has always been about meeting and surpassing your expectations as an audience on any level that I can imagine, on any level for which I have empathy. If this program were about the advertising... (laughing) you don't know the kind of commercials you'd be treated to. I reject millions of dollars of advertising a year, much to the chagrin of my hardworking sales staff. Millions, folks, including, I might add, General Motors. What would you have thought, if, after the government took over General Motors, I started advertising General Motors? I made the decision not to accept that because you, the audience, come first. Because no successful program puts the audience second or third.

See, I understand my successes come from you. During the year, many of you regale me with how much the program has meant to you personally, your family, over the years. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas I take time out to tell you that no matter what this program's meant to you, it can't compare to what you have meant to me and my family. In fact, I have no adequate way to express my gratitude to you. Just doesn't exist. It's how great my gratitude for all of you is. Without you, advertisers would have no need to participate in this program. So what we're gonna do is replace those that leave, those that no longer want access to you, those advertisers who no longer want your business, fine. We'll replace them. It's simple, really.
I didn't notice any dead air this morning when the ad spots came on. He's always been sold out and that won't change because of a few dyspeptic lefties.

4 comments:

Justin McLeod said...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/05/fluke-says-limbaugh-apology-means-nothing/

Sam L. said...

See also
http://spectator.org/archives/2012/03/05/rally-for-rush/

Larry said...

This is the next 'Macaca'.

Don R. said...

I am canceling my homeowners and auto insurance with Allstate. Did not realize that Allstate's advertising actor supported and appeared with left-wing, liberal Democrat Barbara Boxer and his three heroes are Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Colin Powell, all left-wing liberals. Don't forget Colin Powell supported Barack Hussein Obama for president.