HolyCoast: Mission Viejo Tea Party Rally
Follow RickMoore on Twitter

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mission Viejo Tea Party Rally

For the fourth year the Mission Viejo Tea Party rally will take place at the corner of La Paz and Marguerite Parkway on Monday, April 16th, from 5-7 pm.  I'm hoping we won't see a repeat of some things I saw at this event last year.

I've attended the three previous rallies, and certainly none of them have had the energy of the first one in 2009 when more than 600 people showed up carrying all kinds of creative signs.  Like any movement, Tea Parties have lost some of the enthusiasm they had in '09 and '10, but with a huge election coming, I'm hoping people will once again become involved.

The San Francisco Bay Tea Party groups got together on Saturday, and I like their style (from CalNews.com):
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (4/14)- In a move that is certain to cause controversy, members of the Bay Area Tea Party movement took over Justin Hermann Plaza, an area which had formerly been an encampment for Occupy San Francisco.
Heh, there's nothing like poking the opposition right in the eye.

If I get a chance I'll check out the Mission Viejo event and post some photos.

No comments: